The blossoming East Coast start-up scene will get a major boost with the second iteration of East Coast Startup Week, a series of events being held from March 16 to 22 in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Brought to you by organizing partners Planet Hatch, the New Brunswick Innovation Foundation and the Pond-Deshpande Centre, East Coast Startup Week is a series of events bringing entrepreneurs and local leaders together to build momentum and opportunity. This annual event exists to connect Atlantic Canada’s growing entrepreneurial community with fellow market driven and socially driven entrepreneurs and changemakers.
“East Coast Startup Week gives our region the critical mass needed to support our growing community of entrepreneurs and attract investors and mentors from both inside the region and around the world,” states Karina LeBlanc, Executive Director of the Pond-Deshpande Centre. “Startup week is a catalyst. When you bring entrepreneurs with good ideas together with mentors and investors, good things are going to happen.”
There will be eight major events put on by a variety of community leaders including:
- The Social Impact Dialogue by the Pond-Deshpande Centre
- Fredtalks by Pond-Deshpande Centre
- Student Ambassador Program
- Planet Hatch Speaker Series
- Startup Sleigh Ride by Planet Hatch
- 20 Mentor Minutes by the Pond-Deshpande Centre
- Fullsail 2015 (Raising Capital and Exit Strategies) by FCNB
- New Brunswick Innovation Foundation’s Breakthru LIVE Awards Dinner
- Youth Entrepreneurship Summit Atlantic by the Pond-Deshpande Centre
- Startup Weekend New Brunswick
- UNB Lunch & Learns and much more
Venues will include the Fredericton Convention Centre, the University of New Brunswick campus and Fredericton Planet Hatch.
About Startup Week
Startup Week celebrates the achievements of entrepreneurial communities in cities across the globe. Our mission is to develop and support thriving communities wherever they may exist. The best way to do this is to bring entrepreneurs together in a way that they can connect, share and bond.
Karina LeBlanc, Pond-Deshpande Centre, 506-471-7411
Sally Ng, Planet Hatch, 506-292-7786
Chet Wesley, New Brunswick Innovation Foundation, 506-452-2884