The KIRA Organizing Committee recently announced the 2013 KIRA finalists and among the list of 18 individuals or groups recognized, seven are UNB-affiliated.
UNB finalists who made the list are administrators being recognized for their contribution to the knowledge industry, students who took advantage of UNB’s entrepreneurial programs to launch their own start-ups, and researchers who are contributing to advancing our country’s technology capabilities.
Groups such as UNB’s Faculty of Business’s International Business and Entrepreneurship Centre (IBEC), the Faculty of Engineering’s Technology Management and Entrepreneurship Centre (TME) and UNB’s Office of Research Services play a large role in launching many of New Brunswick’s successful technology-based businesses. They continue to seek opportunities to let New Brunswick’s talent shine on the national and international stage.
Below are the 2013 KIRA finalists for each category in alphabetical order. UNB-affiliated groups are in bold font.
Export – Products & Services
- Green Imaging Technologies Inc.
Most Promising Start-Up
- Rt Tech Software Inc.
Technological Advancement / Innovation (Private)
- Inversa Systems
- Smart Skin Technologies
- SPIELO International
Technological Advancement / Innovation (Public)
- Dept of Health, Horizon Health, Vitalité & FacilicorpNB
- Service NB, Dept of Natural Resources, Dept of Environment & Local Government • Vicky Chester, UNB
Community Engagement & Industry Commitment
- Remsoft Inc.
- Science East Science Centre
- Dr. Ali Ghorbani, Dean of the UNB Faculty of Computer Science
- Mary Goggin, VP Delivery Services & Corporate Programs for Accreon
- Trevor MacAusland, Executive Director, PropelICT
The 15th annual KIRA Awards will be held at the Fredericton Convention Centre on Thursday, May 2. For ticket information contact Wendy Gallant of Enterprise Fredericton at 444-4686.